Book Review: Horizontal Analysis by Nicole Colville and E.M. Leya


Horizontal Analysis
by Nicole Colville and E.M. Leya
Sinful Temptations #1
M/M Erotic Romance/Contemporary
4 Stars
Review copy supplied by authors

Blurb:

When Zachary is sent to London to audit a very high profile company, the last thing he expected was to meet the man of his dreams on the flight there.

Killian's life has been hell for the last few years, but meeting Zach is the breath of fresh air he needed, even if he is half his age. He didn't expect things between the two of them to escalate as fast as they do.

One night of passion isn't enough, but there is danger in pursuing more, especially when fate throws them a curveball they never expected, and with Killian's ex ready for the attack, they could lose everything, still, with the chemistry between them, staying apart isn't an option.

With an attraction like neither has experienced, they are willing to risk it all, fighting the world around them that wants to keep them apart. Challenged in ways the two couldn't imagine possible, they must figure out how to hold on to something they know they might never find again.

***

Review:

Insta-love is not my favourite trope, so when Zach and Killian fall instantly in lust on the plane on the way to London, I was 'hmming' quite a lot. Zach, although not a virgin, seems quite inexperienced and shy so I was rather taken aback that he agrees to mess around with Killian, a man he knows nothing about, on the plane itself. I can't deny the scene was hot, for it was, but it just didn't fit with how I'd imagine Zach reacting.

They spend the night together in Zach's hotel at Gatwick airport - another niggle, although Gatwick is called London Gatwick, it is not actually in London - it's about 35 miles away in another county, West Sussex. So, Zach and Killian have more sex that night, and more, and more. I think they did five times - in one night? Then there is a misunderstanding with a note going missing and each of them thinking the other was only after a one-night stand.

The readers have guessed by now that the company Zach is going to audit is Killian's, so we know our two heroes will meet again. Which they do, and have more sex. They just couldn't keep their hands off each other. And even when they weren't physically together, they had phone and Skype sex too. Towards the end of the book, I was getting sex scene fatigue and wanted to read something other than sex, and the last twenty percent of the book answered my prayers.

I loved Zach and Killian, both interesting characters in their own right and that's what made me read on, despite the sex scene fatigue. I wanted to know what happened to them and if it would all work out. And I admit I have a soft spot for May-December romances. Zach is in his twenties, Killian is in his forties and their families were both worried that they were rushing into things. It may have seemed they were rushing into things, but these two characters connected and once you've found the one, why wait? I met my future husband when I was nineteen and we got married when I was twenty, so the family worries were not news to me. We're still married almost twenty five years later, and I hope Killian and Zach will make it for the long haul too.

Max, Killian's ex, is definitely a character you'll love to hate. I bristled every time he appeared and worried what he was going to do, for he wanted Killian back and would let nothing stand in his way. And I do mean nothing. He wasn't portrayed as crazy, so when he finally does what he does, I hadn't seen it coming at all.

There is a bit of plot interspersed with the sex scenes, but there wasn't enough of it. I would have preferred a better balance between the plot and the love scenes.

It definitely is an erotic romance, with heavy emphasis on the erotic. Mind you, despite there being a lot of love scenes, they are all different and well-written.

If you are looking for a sexy story, this could be the one for you.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Zipper Rippers Blog Design by Ipietoon